Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Just bought a Lag2 Initiale Tourer dCI!

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 29th April 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by bpowell555 View Post
H, do you mean you were heavy on the throttle from cold and didn't follow turbo cool down? And your turbo died? Was this before or after you fitted the tuning box? Plus it was all fixed under warranty/YOTS no?
I was heavy on the throttle from cold, and still am, and apart from the first few weeks, I've never bothered to let it cool down. Ultimately, I'll be shut of the car before it'll be due to explode again. I'd treat it differeintly if I owned it

The tuning box was on the car for less than 1,000 miles of the 70,000 that the car had done. To avoid going into limp-home mode, it had to be tweaked down to the point where it wasn't worth having anyway and digging back through the forums, it looks like I took it off about 9 months ago. If I'd messed with the boost, then maybe I'd have been asking for turbo failure. As it stands, I can't see how marginal overfuelling would have contributed to this problem, especially so long ago and for such a short period.

There's a link on another thread that suggests that turbos are only good for 70K anyway. Having said that, I've a colleage who treats his Avensis much worse than I treat the Lag. 145K and counting, and still on its original turbo .

I'm not sure who paid of it - it might have been Renault or it might have been the lease company. I just know it wasn't me, so I'm happy The car was over two years old and past the 60K mileage limit for the third year, so presumably if Renault picked up the tab it would have been under the YOTS scheme rather than the warranty.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome