Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Check strap question please

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 29th April 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Just to update. Been back to the dealers and 3 of the fixing clips that hold the inner trim (door card is it called?) had snapped inside when being re-fitted. Technician said that as they are fitted blind it is quite easy for them to break. Why they didn't pick up on this when they gave me the car back I don't know but now the car has to go back again because they didn't have any clips in stock. Now that he has pointed it out, when the rattle etc occurs I push the on the door trim and away it goes so obviously the problem.
Thing is it took an additional twenty minutes for them to decide who was going to pay for the clips that they had broken and then the additional labour chrages.
Eventually they agreed it would be done as goodwill.
I asked the diagnosis of the original strap clicking and was told with shrugged shoulders (just one of those things).
Anyway should be all ok when done and still think its a great car. Normally this dealer is quite good with service so maybe just a blip.
Currently in VEL SATISfied's garage:
Renault Laguna Sport Tourer GT Line Tomton 2.0Dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome