Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New clocks arrgghhh*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
New clocks arrgghhh*Fixed*

Brief history

My pride and joy, 02 laguna privilege everything working fine, got hit in the rear while stationary in traffic car finally repaired for a second time, got it back and noticed that the lcd milage display was displayed in kilometers, as was the trip computer.

Straight onto these forums to find out more, result was that the approved insurance garage has spiked the electrics when connecting the battery and fried the lcd, a common problem on these lagunas. It needed new clocks fitting, which the approved garage paid for after admiting liability

Anyway, got it back today after the approved garage repaired it. And they have put a later model laguna clocks in, which I dont like, but now I have lost the use of my vocal computer system check and infomation, it no longer talks to me or informs me of things, ie low fuel, tyre pressures low etc etc.

Also the tyre pressure info that appears below the lcd panel is in Bar and not PSI, anyone know how to change it back to PSI, and can anyone throw some light on the loss of the voice synthesiser warning system, I want it working again if possible.

I have sent a letter and email today stating what has happened to my insurance company and i'm very unhappy to say the least about having new clocks fitted which now show the miles as 000000 as if it were a new car, and the loss of the voice warning system. This repair was done at their approved garage and has devalued my car through their negligence.

Would you buy this car if I told you that the clocks have been replaced and that some key functions of the privilege model are not working?

I seached for ages when looking for this car, I was lucky because the one that I bought had full leather, sat nav and ESP included. My car is only 6 years old but renault dont do the original clocks fitted to my car (i'm led to believe), so I have to accept that the voice computer is now not going to work.

Thanks renault
Currently in Karlos's garage:
2002 Laguna Privilege 1.8
  5 Lastest Threads by Karlos
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 washer bottle access Bodywork davesss 6 3009 26th October 2009 03:47 PM
New clocks arrgghhh*Fixed* Laguna colmrenaul 9 3259 30th April 2008 06:35 PM
Renault Laguna II - Electronics - Windscreen... Electronics Karlos 1 1620 1st September 2006 12:20 PM
Squeaky Electric Windows Cars & motoring chris m 13 4308 6th June 2006 05:09 PM
Central air vent removal 02 Lag II Interiors Karlos 3 1836 23rd February 2006 09:51 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome