Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Problems Starting - Card Not Detected!

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by davidjones View Post
Hi again

Tried the other key, seems to be the same problem. I hoovered out the key-port and in all honesty it does seem to work slightly better although, it is still quite tentitive. Do you know if I could remove the Card Reader for cleaning?

Dave J
hi david dunno if dave_mezza is thinking about same one as me or maybe im wrong but im sure the card reader is on the miod dash above the gear knob mounted on the same panel as the hazard light switch if it is this panel that holds the reader and the hazard light switch is just clicked to gether to get into it pop up the ring around the gear gater its click on aswell i use fine flat screw driver now once the gater aound gear level is up get the flat screw driver and prise up the panel that contains the key reader and the hazard light switch the whole top half of gear level housing should pop off this allows you get to bac of reader i found it hard to remove the wires connceted to it but im not sure how it is seperated from the hazard panel hope this helped you a bit

Last edited by Rook; 1st May 2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: duplicate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome