Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II dash problems - a way forward??!!

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by oldacorn View Post
Thanks Davesss. I did look at the thread, and have printed it off. When I'm feeling brave, I might try the procedure, but would like to hear from anyone who has tried it and succeeded. However, I do suspect that the chip has been fried, and that a new dash will be needed in my case.

This all occurred because my immobiliser developed a fault and I couldn't start the car. The recovery chap disconnected and reconnected the battery, and hey presto, the car started, but ..............

Unfortunately, Britannia Rescue quite clearly state that they are not responsible for any co-lateral faults when getting their customers mobile again.
So Britannia reckon that they can waive themselves of any responsibility by putting it in writing? I don't think so! Plenty of car washes have signs stating that they are not responsible for any damage caused to your car..........but they are! The signs and statements are there to deter the majority of people who do not understand their basic rights and don't bother to pursue, but if I were you, I'd invest a few quid in a conversation with a lawyer before you accept that you have to pay for a new dash.
Currently in gohunter's garage:
2001 Laguna Sport Tourer 3.0 v6 Privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome