Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sign The Road Tax petition..

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 2nd May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Its never been a secret though has it. This information was published on the website the same day or next day after the budget - I remember looking at it the day after to see how it would affect my safrane. My tax goes up 5 as its pre 2001.

So whats the problem? - I agree the tax increase is a boner but that is for newer cars to 'encourage' them to be made greener.

At the end of the day, Taxes will always go up - Its a certainty along with death.

The point I think you are annoyed at is that it will go up - Not that it is a non existent secret because it never was!

You are all signing a petition about it because the author of this topic has used the word 'secret' right? - Yet the what car article doesn't seem to use the 'secret' word and neither does the petition itself!

Like I said, I knew the day after the budget that mine would go up by 5 so I can't see where the secret thing comes into it... Maybe I'm being thick ?

If this thread were against a general tax increase sure I would understand. I just do not understand the secret part. Especially seeing that the whatcar and petition articles do not call it a secret.

I think this topic needs renaming to stop people being confused any further.
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome