Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #81 of (permalink) Old 2nd May 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Had a go at doing mine today as I had a day off. got it all stripped down, everything unplugged and and unscrewed and the throttle body or whatever it is above it in the way, removed. Got through about a can of carb cleaner (awesome stuff, but don't half sting when it gets into the cuts on ya hands!!!) but still couldn't get the EGR out. It was in there completely and solidly locked! The ports inside were quite bunged up but I managed to clean them out nicely. Got it all reasembled and started the car...

Oh dear god what a racket! Incredibly noisey and loud and lumpy and misfiring then the throttle locked open and the car revved to a place it had never revved before before I hit the kill switch (well, the ignition switch!). I released the throttle thingy and gave it a wipe down and confirmed smooth movement then started the car again and this time it was back to normal. Took the car round the block and seemed fine, possibly a little smoother although I'm not sure if that was my imagination as I wanted it to be after spending a couple of hours cutting my hands to very small pieces...

Although the car seemed fine and normal I don't think I'll let the missus drive it for a couple of days until I'm sure the throttle won't stick again. Any help and advice on that little problem folks?
Currently in actiondefence's garage:
Laguna II 1.9dCi 120bhp
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome