Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - main dealer rip off

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd May 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry main dealer rip off

Hi all. Has anyone else been ripped off by a Renault main dealer? I took my 53 Laguna 2.0t sports tourer to Renault in ###### for a service at 38k miles two weeks after it had passed its' MOT. They rang me up and said it needed works doing that totalled nearly 1400. I declined the offer of them starting the work immediately and booked it in at a well established independant garage. I give the garage the list that Renault ###### had given me and said that they could do all of the work because they quoted me 650. When I went to pick the car up my bill was only 70 because all my car needed off the list was wiper blades and a slightly worn track rod end that wasn't even on the list. I was furious and called Renault ###### who gave me some and bull story that they are given very tight tolerances from Renault, but in my view brake discs are either 80% worn or they're not. It turns out that they were nothing near 80% worn. I will never use this garage again and would dearly like any other potential customers to either be very careful or stay clear. Rant over. Sorry!
Currently in x5tod's garage:
53 Laguna 2.0 T Initiale

Last edited by Lagdti; 3rd May 2008 at 12:03 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by x5tod
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
burning oil smell Engines YOY 1 699 5th June 2012 04:50 PM
main dealer rip off Cars & motoring ottoman 7 1360 3rd May 2008 11:39 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome