Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Would you buy a Renault, after reading this???.. (The moaners thread)..

View Single Post
post #60 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
On balance, doesn't make good reading - but the same can probably be said of most makes.

The attitude of the particular dealer / service centre you use does of course make all the difference to your experience of owning a particular make.

Like everyone else, I could recount 'horror' stories - Audi, Ford, Merc, Jaguar etc etc....... but then again, do we hear when the dealer / service centre does a good or outstanding job? Not very often I suspect.

The modern car is a MUCH better product than most of what was sold a few decades back......and its not so long ago that an average car with 100k miles on it was considered 'knackered'.

The fundamental problem nowadays, (I think), is one of excessive complexity - particularly with the electrical system.....

......but if 'we' keep demanding all these gadgets - they'll keep putting 'em in, (except BMW who appear to list everything as an optional extra! ).

What I don't understand is the " this is my third Renault and they've all been a bl**dy nightmare" type posts......why do you keep buying them if they're that bad?

Yer pays yer money and takes yer choice!

Currently in spirochete's garage:
Jaguar V8 Sport / Mercedes 'E" / Laguna 1.8RT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome