Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 13 month old Turbo deceased

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2006 Thread Starter
Banned User
Curveball Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Originally Posted by OG
Yep, your plan makes sense. The Espace will be going later this year before it's 3 years old although I think that £800 for the 2 year extended Harmony warratny isn't bad value.

For all the Renaults Iíve owned, if Iíd have worked on this principle, it would have cost me an absolute minimum of an additional £5,600 or closer on to double that figure, if you count those cars I retained for 5 years or more.
What would I have gained warranty wise from following the above experience, well, about nothing.
The only things Iíve needed to replace on prior Renaults would have fallen under fair wear and tear items e.g. exhausts, batteries, brake shoes / pads, hoses.

I had a 1.7 litre Renault 21 in 1988 it towed a caravan on a regular basis, I kept this car until 1998 the battery was replaced once, tyres, and brake pads were replaced too, the exhaust was original equipment, I canít even recall any major bills.

Q: What was my stickability factor with Renaults?

A: Initial cost, comfort, and reliability.

In total Iíve now had 8 Renaults one after the other.
I certainly wouldnít have even considered continuing buying Renaults with things going wrong like turbo failures, costing, outside the manufactures warranty period £2000 plus when the car is not yet even 14 months old with 16,000 miles on the clock.
nuff said
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome