Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Low MPG on 1.9 dCi

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 5th May 2008
Kevin Shields
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi ,
I too was a bit worried about the fuel figures the on board computer was telling me on my 1.9DCI until i figured out it only gives an average reading. So if you zero it on a monday, on a friday it will give you the average consumption for the week.
Best way to see what the car is doing is to re set the computer at the top of a moderate legnth motorway journey. Do the motorway drive, and check it again at the end of the journey this will give motorway consumption. Motorways should return mid forties out of a 1.9DCI sometimes even high 40's, but it depends on the variables of distance travelled, vehicle load & road conditions so not every car or every journey will return the same figure. Just bear in mind that the Friday Afternoon on the M25 scenario is'nt the place to do this test! Pull off the motorway, reset the computer again and do your "town" driving , check it again and you'll see the Urban mileage figure.
Currently in Kevin Shields's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic 1.9DCI & 2007 Megane 1.5 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome