Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Would you buy a Renault, after reading this???.. (The moaners thread)..

View Single Post
post #64 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Okay, I'll bite because I am that person.........

No offence or personal 'dig' intended.......but your original post got me thinking about the dealer experiences many of my friends and associates have had.

I think its often the case that its not so much the car being excessively problematic so much as the garage being 'less than competent' or taking the p*ss.

I had a series of bad experiences with Ford in the past - so on balance I don't buy them father had awful treatment by Audi so now he won't touch them with a bargepole, and a work colleague is systematically bled dry by his BMW garage.....(but he keeeps buying them because of the badge!)

There are plenty of stories around about how bad Mercedes dealerships experience is one of them being professional, courteous and on-the-ball - (albeit at a price).

Vauxhall? doesn't seem that long ago that you were lucky if you could get it home from the showroom without it going rusty, and thats tainted my view of them since.

ARE these various makes actually that bad?.......I doubt it, (probably the contrary nowadays) but my point is that the 'experience' of owning the car is for the most part polished or tarnished by the dealership and occasionally (or rarely) by a truly 'bad' car.

As you say, someone else picks up the 'tab' on your Renault so sit back and enjoy!

Currently in spirochete's garage:
Jaguar V8 Sport / Mercedes 'E" / Laguna 1.8RT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome