Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Timing Belt Snapped*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 9th May 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Woop Woop

Ok so hey guys thought I would come back on here and update you all.

Well last weekend the job went ahead.

And after some advice from this board I decided to go for the full timing belt kit with tensioners and pully bolt. I also changed the water pump as suggested just seems a shame the pump I changed seems to be a better one than I put in (Although its a new one).

So anyway how easy is it to change an engine after stripping down the air con, altenator, starter motor and having to also change the engine mounting bracket that the air con sits on

Well its a doddle seriously Ive never done anything on this level before and I would rather not do it again because it can be time consuming, But it is easy.

The car turned over straight away which I was a little surprised at. It runs at 41 mpg and has done nearly 300 miles already.

It does help that the guy who helped me do this is very good and knew exactly what he was doing. He even created a clutch alignment tool which helped greatly and did the job with ease, Who thought a brush handle could become so handy lol. Needed it as I put my clutch from my engine into the new one.

Well its all good and I have a lot of spare parts to sell now because of the engine change so soon as I take some pics and I know exactly what is going I will post in sales part and Ebay plus the Timing Kit.

P.S If anyone needs any info on an engine change on a Megane 2000 1.6 16v then id be happy to advise if I can.
Currently in shotton's garage:
sport alize 1.6
The Following User Says Thank You to shotton For This Useful Post:
ROBERT5929 (19th November 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome