Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Those annoying white scuffs

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 9th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Meguiar's Scratch-X is excellent for localised scratches / scuffs. You can get it from any good high street car care place and I think Halfords stock it.

It is clear coat safe and easily applied by hand with just a cloth.

I agree with the other posts though if you want to do a complete panel or complete car.

I stay away from machine polishing whenever possible, as it will make the clear coat thin. Factory paint is thin enough anyway and if a professional were to machine polish your car they should check the paint thickness before starting.

If you have a solid colour, then you can generally be more aggressive with the compound and technique.

The pearlescent black on my passat is a real pain in the bum for swirl marks so every 6 – 9 months I give the whole car a hand polish with Menzerna Final Finish PO106FA (similar to G3) using Sonus SFX Applicator and Sonus Der Wunder Polishing Towel, finished off with Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech Wax applied with Sonus SFX Applicator and buffed with Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel.

See The '06 (56) Passat.... for the results!
Currently in martin999's garage:
2011 (11) VW Passat 2.0 TDi SE + options in Island Grey, 2011 (11) Honda CB1000R in Pearl Cool White... oh and a 2004 (54) Secnic II 1.5dCi Dynamique in Ottoman Blue !
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome