Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Those annoying white scuffs

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Originally Posted by daft_plonk View Post
i once did an insurace seard for one of tose, with the 1.8 v6, 3500 on my own (no ncb) or 11500 named on my dads
That is an insane price

I had a V6 one, insurance cost me about 450 a year with swift TPFT, 4 years no claims and a thatcham cat 1 alarm, was also 25 at the time. The following year with swift, cost was the same but went up to fully comp. think it like group 12 - 15, roughly the same as a scooby! Also with this insurance company, if you add a named driver who is older than you, you get a 10% discount!! I added my 52 yr old father-in -law, knocked a nice amount off!

I like the sound of the celica, plus if I get a pre 2001 my tax won't go up next year with the re-banding Yea I heard they were screamers, rev up to about 9k i think, and a 4 pot so I bet they sound harsh. Liked my mazda for that, had an 8k red line and a close gear box, but the V6 was really smooth with power delivery, made it really nippy! and a pleasure to drive!

I was also thinking of a diesel too with sky rocketing petrol prices. Something like a Mazda 6 or Honda accord plenty of space for kids n stuff!!. Seen a nice skoda octavia tdi VRS for sale the other day. But then can I bring my self to own a skoda!
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)

Last edited by Mikey; 10th May 2008 at 12:44 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome