Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Those annoying white scuffs

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Car looks good mate! Bet it took ages though getting it nice like that. I gotta do the Lagy at some point now we have some nice weather, or prob just to sell her!

Whats the V dub like to drive and reliability? Seen a nice bora GTTDI the other day, thought I could see my self behind the wheel of one of those!
Thanks for the compliment mate. I can be a little time consuming, but I think it's worth it. When that picture was taken it was just a wash and wax. I haven't polished it for a few months now.

The passat is 17 months old now and has 43k on it. This is the third one I have had and the build quality is slowly getting worse. This one has all sorts of annoying rattles from the dash and door trims. Really can't be bothered to be without it for a day to get the main dealer to sort them out!

So far the front and rear parking sensors have been replaced and the EGR cooler has also been replaced as it was leaking coolant. Other than that it's had two services and 4 front tyres. It drinks oil at about 1 ltr every 5k and at 60 for 5 ltrs, can be expensive!

The 140 ps engine is good, but could do with a bit more low end punch. Handling is also pretty good with the factory sports suspension, but it's a heavy car, so you have to take that into account when throwing it about.

I know what your saying about the Skoda... I would rather have this VW than a low spec Audi, but really wouldn't want a higher spec Skoda!
Currently in martin999's garage:
2011 (11) VW Passat 2.0 TDi SE + options in Island Grey, 2011 (11) Honda CB1000R in Pearl Cool White... oh and a 2004 (54) Secnic II 1.5dCi Dynamique in Ottoman Blue !
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome