Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I've been living with this irritating and dangerous problem for at least a year now...when it first happened I had no idea what it was and called the RAC who towed me to the nearest garage (Birmingham, when I live near Gloucester!) They ran a diagnostic (for a fee) and decided there was nothing wrong except loose wiring which they charged me a total of 80 for. It didn't happen for about a month but since then (last May) the light has been coming on roughly once a week, sometimes more sometimes less. Quite by accident I discovered that if I stall the car and make it jump, eventually the light goes off and it drives fine, til the next time. However, this weekend the light has come on immediately as the ignition is switched on, and there is NO power whatsoever. Before, I've always had small amounts of power, enough to travel between 10 and 20 mph but now I can floor the accelorator and nothing happens whatsoever. I have just bought a house (in Sheffield) and came to pick the keys up yesterday and now it looks like I'll be stranded here for a while until someone can sort it for me to drive back home.

I don't want to call RAC because they'll insist on running a diagnostic again, but I don't really know enough of what I'm talking about to get my usual mechanic to do something.
Currently in Laura44's garage:
2002 Renault Clio II Expression 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome