Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electrical Warning Light and Intermittant Fans

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th May 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electrical Warning Light and Intermittant Fans

Hi All, hope someone can help!

I have a 2003 Scenic 1.9D Fridj. For the past week, i've had the Electrical Warning Light appearing intermittantly on my dashboard (scared the hell out of me cos the last time this happen the Turbo blew!!!).
Anyway, there didn't seem to be any obvious problems, but the light kept coming on - sometimes after turning the ignition but not actually starting the car.
I've checked all the light bulbs and tried turning off the fans, radio etc, but it still came on.

My wife has just phoned me to say that the fans stopped working (on all speed settings), but when she stopped they started working again. She didn't actually turn the engine off though.

So i'm assuming that the light is something to do with the fans or aircon. Anyone got any ideas what could be the fault? Could it by the resistor pack that seems to come up a lot in the forums?
Currently in jselwood's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic 1.9dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by jselwood
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Air Con Switches Off on Fan Setting 3 Heating & cooling davesss 1 705 9th July 2012 06:04 PM
Electrical Warning Light and Intermittant Fans Electronics Lagdti 1 794 12th May 2008 12:31 PM
Scenic 1.9CTi Fidji Whistling Noise Engines Lagdti 4 1257 21st May 2007 12:33 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome