Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Has anyone considered a Motorbike?

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
I've often thought about having a bike. alot of my mates have them and often say to me when I'm getting one to come out on rides. My family put me off alot though as my uncle killed himself on his bike just before I was born, so bikes in my family have often been a big no no!

Would save a fortune on fuel costs back and forth to work, in the spring/summer months anyway! If I had one I'd probably get slated as being a fair weather rider! Unlike the hard core bikers which ride no matter what the weathers up to.

Where I used to live I didn't have the option of keeping a bike as I had no drive way and steps going up to my house making it impossible to get a bike round the back. Now I've moved though got my self a garage so no excuse, time to save up for my direct access I think! Can't be dealing with the 125 put puts!!

I've been on the back of various bike and loved it, so the thrill of acutally driving one would be great.... I know I'd prob end up killing my self though as I'm bit of a speed freak in the car Nothing a bit of self control wouldn't cure though!
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome