Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #279 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2008
fireball scenic
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello Folks I'm Back Again,

I just wanted to say that I had an "Official" letter from VOSA on the matter stating that Renault are going to take the necessary action to rectify all models affected by the issue. The comment that RUK make about only "One" Scenic being affected is a lie and should not be believed. As I proved to them last year that over "Five" vehicles had suffered the same fate that I knew about, others had suffered to a lesser degree. The management team in the UK held a meeting with Renault s.a. and they agreed that vehicles in the UK would be fitted with a modified switch unit for the door mirrors. I can't believe they are dragging their heels on this one but they would be in a very sticky legal position now if someone gets hurt by what is a potentially lethal problem. Keep badgering RCS and ask for Alex Phelan as he is fully aware of the situation - VOSA in Bristol are also fully aware of the situation.

Hope this gets sorted - NO MORE LIES RUK!!!!

When they said "Heated Mirrors" ................
Currently in fireball scenic's garage:
2006 Grand Scenic II DCi130 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome