Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Black Smoke/Hesitation*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 16th May 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
EGR valve

I also have a problem with missing and puffs of black smoke mostly at constant revs between 2,000 and 3,000 (70 to 80 in top gear so very annoying). I cleaned the EGR valve some months ago when I had a problem with LOTS of black smoke and this cured it (it was completely stuck). This is a very easy job so I have tried cleaning again but it has not improved it. I am just wondering if I should replace it - any comments.

On one of the posts I saw, it says check the vacuum pipe to and from the turbo solenoid (sorry did not get your name), could you please tell me how to find and identify this pipe ?

Thurstk also mentioned a leak in the intercooler. I was told on one of my sorties to the garage10k miles ago or so that the intercooler and turbo had gone and needed replacing at about a grand but found out it was the sticky EGR instead . How can I tell if the intercooler is leaking and if so do you have to replace it or can it be repaired. Does anyone know if it will it cause any further problems if you do not replace or repair it.

Could anyone shed more light on what might be the problem.

Many thanks

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome