Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #282 of (permalink) Old 16th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by fireball scenic 15/05/2008 View Post
Hello Folks I'm Back Again,

I just wanted to say that I had an "Official" letter from VOSA on the matter stating that Renault are going to take the necessary action to rectify all models affected by the issue. The comment that RUK make about only "One" Scenic being affected is a lie and should not be believed. As I proved to them last year that over "Five" vehicles had suffered the same fate that I knew about, others had suffered to a lesser degree. The management team in the UK held a meeting with Renault s.a. and they agreed that vehicles in the UK would be fitted with a modified switch unit for the door mirrors. I can't believe they are dragging their heels on this one but they would be in a very sticky legal position now if someone gets hurt by what is a potentially lethal problem. Keep badgering RCS and ask for Alex Phelan as he is fully aware of the situation - VOSA in Bristol are also fully aware of the situation.

Hope this gets sorted - NO MORE LIES RUK!!!!
Isn't this what you basically reported them saying on 6th Nov 2007 (post #202)? So why are they procrastinating? Are they waiting for the older cars to be scrapped (because of the rest of their known problems) so they can save themselves the expense? Just think and extend the philosophy for a moment... if by raising the cost of fault-correction, cars can be classed as not-economically viable at, say, five years instead of ten, who stands to gain?

Just think how many kids could potentially have been overcome by toxic fumes in the last 7 months

Did someone ask if this French money-maker Renault has a conscience? Since when do "conscience" and "profit" (or "government" for that matter) come into the same bracket?

How many Clio owners have NOT been asked to take their car in because of the faulty bonnet locks? How many have had a similar dreadful experience since Renault agreed to put things right?

I note that owners are still being told by RENAULT DEALERS that they are not aware of any problem with these window circuits. Look back at post #200 and you'll see they have known about it since 2006.

Both these risks disgust me, not as much for Renaults behaviour but more for Government's (AKA DVLA/VOSA) total ineffectiveness. Safety, it seems, is just something they pretend to be aware of.

Renault proclaim (and sell cars on the pretext of) safety being built into their cars; it seems they are only conscious of safety when applying for NCAP ratings which once obtained are presented with fanfares to us (the gullible) while the existence of dangers like these (that can kill in a couple of minutes) are denied and hidden away out of sight.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome