Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Has anyone considered a Motorbike?

View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I was beginning to think I was the oldest "old fogie" on here but when I got my first bike at 16 the law had just been changed and the learner limit was 250cc (and there was no requirement for a man with a red flag to walk in front of a car - despite what my sons say).

Being in the forces meant I was never in one place long enough to take my test so I rode for years on "L" plates (there was no limit then on how long you could have a provisional licence).

Fell of a few times and eventually discovered the comfort and safety of an extra two wheels. Had a mid-life crisis and started riding again on a provisional but this time had to take CBT, which probably was a life saver as I had forgotten everything about riding a bike in the intervening years. Riding a bike gives you a much greater awareness on the road.

Only have one bike at the moment (recently sold my Kawasaki GT750) a Honda VFR750 which is "high day and holiday" transport only as Mrs Gasjunkie absolutely refuses to get on the back.
Currently in Gasjunkie's garage:
Renault Laguna Executive 3.0l 24V V6 Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome