Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dual Fuel advice Plz

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Mike11 Send a message via Skype™ to Mike11
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
I lost interest in dual LPG while talking to a work mate who said that he'd heard the tax benefits of dual LPG was in the near future going to be removed by guess who?

I don't know if what he said is true or not, but would be worth checking out before committing to the change over costs.

In the mean time, has anyone ever heard, or have any thought's on this?.

ATM it sounds too good to be true.
I did expect something like this as LPG doesn't have full tax on it yet, it really wouldn't surprise me to be perfectly honest. They won't do it overnight and there will be uproar when they do.

As for the water thing, looks good. Don't know if I want to risk spending $50 on it to find out though. If I have got it spare I might have a peek.

Originally Posted by hondo View Post
It's funny you should say that, diesel also used to be the cheap fuel here in the UK too.

Until too many Joe motorists here latched on to the economic common sense of buying diesel cars, which triggered the government of the day to up the anti on diesel oil.
As above, shocking if they do. It will kill the market for it too and business's that only do conversions will go under as no-one will pay for it.
Currently in Mike11's garage:
An LPG powered Ford Focus ST170.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome