Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #288 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by brigatti View Post
What's going on?
If it weren't GREAT BRITAIN we were talking about, I would say that the whole thing stinks of corruption. But of course, we know that corruption doesn't take place in this country, especially under our new-labour government. And of course, French companies don't give backhanders either because, never having trafficked arms, they wouldn't know how. I don't believe that the 1bn paid by BAE into Riggs Bank were a bribe because Prince Bandar said the account belongs to MODA and money taken out was strictly for MODA projects. The fact that "Tone" vetoed the official investigation doesn't come into it because nothing had been proved. "Brutus said so, and Brutus is an honourable man".

I think it would be nearer the truth to say that DVLA and VOSA are toothless watchdogs. I have already suffered from DVLA incompetence or abuse (even if not corruption) when I innocently purchased a vehicle that DVLA had registered as a personal import when in fact it had been stolen. The conformity documents given to DVLA by the applicant described
  1. a grey car when the vehicle itself was green,
  2. A manual gearbox when the vehicle was an automatic
  3. a petrol driven car when the vehicle was a deisel
Nobody noticed any of it and of course they said they were not responsible but I argued till the cows came home and they paid me 6k for their "error" which left me 2.5k out of pocket. Long story (nearly two years of writing long accusative letters to DVLA, various police forces and their overseers, insurance solicitors, barristers, insurers, involved individuals etc) so I won't go there but it shows you that when you expect rigidity from a government agency, you are beating yourself brainless because they have priorities that don't coincide with yours. 350,000 vehicles stolen annually must surely be going somewhere. And of course you know what response I got from VOSA when I wrote about the Clio bonnet.

What's going on, indeed Brigatti!

Quo Vadis Britannia?

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome