Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Interiors - New key cards - dealer versus eBay ?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th April 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Interiors - New key cards - dealer versus eBay ?

Hi folks

I recently registered as a new user having purchased a (nearly) 3 year old Laguna II sport-tourer (not estate or wagon as i have been berated for!) but have only one key card for.

I have read a few threads on here about the cards and some people have suggested buying them from fleaBay and then taking them to Renault to be programmed.

I phoned my local Renault dealer who quoted me "about 108.97" (go figure) for a replacement card including programming.

There's an auction that I've been watching (number 4627194835) on fleaBay and its currently standing at ~60 with a couple of hours to go

Given that its going to cost the best part of 40 to be programmed what's the deal with people paying that amount of money for one from fleaBay rather than just going to the dealer? Or is it a case of it must be a bargain as its on fleaBay?

Currently in PaulMcT's garage:
2003 1.8 16v Laguna Tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by PaulMcT
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Flat battery issues Laguna davesss 15 7511 24th April 2006 01:08 PM
Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Interiors - New key... Electronics 9 3494 4th April 2006 03:36 PM
New (used) Laguna II estate owner Welcome to RenaultForums PaulMcT 11 1470 31st March 2006 01:33 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome