Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - looking for advice on how to fit cd changer to scenic 02 plate

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th April 2006
Barney O
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Fitting a CD changer to a Scenic

I've just fitted one to my Scenic 1 !. Fitting it is no problem........getting the right CD changer and lead was a nightmare! The lead supplies all power and operates the CD changer from the remote stalk on the steering column.
I bought my bits from eBay , a CD changer and lead, the Philips head unit was a standard fit unit for a 1999 model. But there's that many models and it looks like Renault changed the set up for every model. Take your time to get the right changer and lead, there's lots to choose from. Don't buy anything from Noel Blair in Ireland, he ripped me off for a lead!
Fitting is straight forward, take the head unit out and feed the CD changer cable down to the left (passenger) footwell and run it under the glove compartment, cable tie it to the existing wiring loom. You might have to take the heater vent off (1 screw) to get the cable when it shows!!.
The plastic trim cover on the bottom of the left hand floor,passenger side, underneath the door, just pulls off and out from the door seal this has a wiring loom and cable holder running underneath it, just feed the lead along this cable holder and you will see a large 'hole' leading into the small compartment in front of the left hand storage compartment, underneath the passenger seat. The one with the rear passenger heat vent on it. Pull out the 2 plastic plugs and lift the lid.
Once you have the CD player draw/holder this will fit into the area underneath the passenger seat, there are 3 screw (39p each at Renault!) holes allready there, you will see a hole allready cut into the carpet on the right side, this allows the cable from the CD changer to feed into the small compartment and to be connected to the power cable.
Job done, replace the trim panel and get on with blowing the windows out. No wires hanging around for bored kids to pull and cut!
Currently in Barney O's garage:
1999 Scenic (mk1) 1.6 RT Alize
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome