Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - After-market warranty?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th May 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
After-market warranty?

Ok, I've had a couple of mentions of this here on the forums since I became a member.

To be honest, before I joined here I never knew that there was such a product in existence.

I was wondering if those that have mentioned them in random threads around the forum would be kind enough to post up links to them on this thread?

The reason I ask is because today, on an Irish forum that I am a member of, I asked about such offerings from Irish providers and I basically got a lot of 'what the fook are you looking for one of those for?', and 'buy a bloody decent second-hand car, like a BMW , and you won't need it'. 'Those are a load of sh!te, you still have to pay for regular servicing!' <<<Well, DUH!

The ignorance is appaling.

In the end I got one link, and I have to wait until tomorrow to find out if they even provide the service I want.

I am curious, for two reasons:

1 - to see if any of the UK providers will provide a warranty to an Irish resident. The car I will buy will likely be a Vel Satis, 3.0 V6 DCi auto. It is looking more and more likely that I will have to purchase this from the UK. I don't know if I could chance a Vel without some form of cover. My mechanic, despite never having worked on one, is falling over himself trying to get me to buy a Superb, Accord, 5, 607, Passat, Mazda 6 or somesuch junk. Although I will admit, that I would strongly consider an Accord.

2 - I want to see just how backward Ireland is in its insurance and financial services offerings.

Perhaps, aside from all my *****ing, this could be made a sticky/reference for all the known/reputable suppliers of such warranties?
Currently in N7Qauto's garage:
Safrane, 2.0i Auto, 2000, RXEX, VF1B54L
  5 Lastest Threads by N7Qauto
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scrapyards for parts Steering and Suspension mord 16 615 8th March 2016 06:43 PM
Safrane - Lower Suspension Mount Renparts Ltd N7Qauto 0 365 3rd March 2016 08:05 PM
Fuel Pipe Release Tool Tools & equipment ronenfe 4 2725 14th July 2011 09:17 PM
Coil Spring replacement -when is a good time? Cars & motoring N7Qauto 3 1429 6th May 2011 12:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome