Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 2 - Steering Lock Faulty

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 20th May 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Originally Posted by dazmoly View Post
thanks , ive disconnected the battery for half an hour with no joy car wont bump start and tyre is away from kerb car was fine just wouldnt start out of the blue how do i clean the card reader and if it was that would my lights still come on . spoke to renault they said it could be a number of things mentioned a sensor or the computer for the car really not impressed only shelled out bŁ250 two weeks ago on the new key etc id never buy a renault again give me a car with a normal key anyday also the steering is unlocking but still the start button doing nothing it just keeps changing to locked thenunlocked etc but car not starting at all its a 1.5 dci diesel , is it worth disconnecting the battery for a fw hours and does this do anything read somewhere it resets stuff on car but does this mean the key aswell sorry to go on and on last thing i promise just to say that when it is saying steering locked its not actually locked

you could disconnect the battery but unfortunately it probably wont help. Neither will cleaning the card reader, sorry. I have seen this many times and the only fix is your electronic steering lock(it's linked into the immobiliser) located on the sterring column and expensive. Sorry for the bad news...
Currently in jaime1980's garage:
Clio III DCI 86bhp
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome