Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric mirror switch removal

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 20th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by block View Post
just read the posts regarding replacing the electric window cable/regulator on my laguna. Took the door trim off to have a look, but i am not sure about the wires for the mirror switch. Does the switch come off at the front or do you need to remove the brass hex style screws at the rear? Dont think you do but didnt want to damage it trying! Also, anyone have any photos of replacing cable to make it easier still? Cables for sale on ebay , but 20 a bit steep for that alone.
Thank you.
Depends what your alternative is for a bit steep. I was quoted 260 so 20 is a steal. Having said that I was more comfortable with the full regulator replacement but plenty of peeps on here have replaced the cable. You just need about three hours playing around, plenty of space and some long nose pliars and c clamps. The wire kits come with instructions, bonding agent and copper headers for the wire, which is tested to be in spec and resistant to the elements - I would say 20 is pretty reasonable for this...

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome