Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I Hate Speed Cameras!!!!!

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 21st May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by DeanoV6 View Post
That is bad luck. (As a side note though, isn't the national speed limit 70mph on a dual carriageway?)
Correct, unless there is a sign to say otherwise. I don't know where the 60MPH thing came from in the first few pages ?

Its only single lane carriageways/roads which are 60MPH. Not sure how that works on motorway slip roads which have only 1 lane though.

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
A local driving instructor tells his pupils to work from the principle that all roads are 30 mph unless there are signs to say otherwise. I know this sounds a bit petty but it keeps you out of trouble

Also watching out for street lighting at night is a fairly good sign of speed limits and hazards.

Persoinally I would rather be sworn at by other road users than get a fine or penalty points
I agree 100%. If I'm not sure I stick to 30MPH. Stuff the other drivers I value my licence. My instructor also told me to assume 30MPH if unsure - especially where there is street lighting. The highway code also says the same for street lighting. The worrying thing these days is when you enter a 20MPH zone and there are no reminder signs anywhere that can be clearly seen. That scares the hell out of me! (Maidstone town centre is a great example)
Currently in delta1066's garage:

Last edited by delta1066; 21st May 2008 at 06:29 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome