Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - judder/misfire at low revs especially idle

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy judder/misfire at low revs especially idle

Hi all,

I drive a 2002 Renault Scenic Fidji 1.4 (28,800 on the clock) and have a problem with a serious judder/misfire, noticeable at low revs especially idle.

When you listen to the exhaust, each judder of the engine gives a puff noise and you get a blast of exhaust at the same time (no smoke). Under the bonnet all you notice is the engine shake as it stutters.

It started after a long and wet drive from Scotland (450mi) and it felt similar to the coils going (again) so I had them replaced***8230;the problem persisted, so I got the plugs done as well***8230;still no change.

I don***8217;t know if these are related:
Last week on one occasion the dash board went crazy, all the analogue dials went to max and the mileage went to zero, the next time the car was started all the dash indications returned to normal.

Over the last three to four months I have twice had a problem starting the car and needed to hold the ignition on for about a minute before it reluctantly started to fire.

The alternator belt has been squealing slightly.
A Renault mechanic has said that it may be a wiring loom that apparently fits under the fuse box (900).

Have been thumbing through the posts here and have put in a full tank of Shell V-tech and a bottle of injector cleaner ***8211; no change so far ***8211; only done about 40miles though.

Would be very glad of any suggestions.

This Forum is superb by the way.
Currently in radical's garage:
2002 Renault Scenic Fidji 1.4 16v

Last edited by radical; 22nd May 2008 at 08:17 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by radical
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
judder/misfire at low revs especially idle Electronics USERNAME 9 6175 22nd May 2008 08:16 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome