Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Had to call the AA out today !

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd May 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,309 Posts
Had to call the AA out today !

Unlocked the car as normal this morning, put the card in the slot and pressed but starter button.....

click, click, click, click, click, click, and the backlight to the climate control was flashing on and off !

I knew it was the battery (after reading the symptoms on here), so gets on the phone to The AA. Within 20 mins they arrive and test the battery - his words were, its as dead as a dodo. He didnt tell me the output voltage though.

He got the car started off a booster pack, but I didnt want to be caught short again as the car has been struggling to start for a good while. So took the plunge and told him to put a new battery on. He put a Lucas Premier battery in which cost me 69 and came with a 3 year warranty.

Thanks to this forum I knew about putting the sidelights on to stop spikes to the dashboard, so all good there and had to reset all 4 electric windows (again thanks to this wonderful forum).

Anyways, its all sorted now, car starts lovely, and all is back working as it should be.

Now to pay my credit card bill !
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo
  5 Lastest Threads by dave_mezza2006
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome