Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #316 of (permalink) Old 23rd May 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
One of the tyre pressure sensors has stopped working completely & another always shows tyre correctly inflated regardless of pressure. Renault quoted over 100 to fit and setup a new sensors. This seemed a ridiculous amount of money on a car that only cost me 1000 to start with. I have now dismantled the dash and blanked off the tyre warning light - easy job takes about 15mins. This still leaves the system operational (stop/serv light and LCD display still functional) for the 3 remaining sensors. Also I can use the spare without getting a warning light on.
I checked with my insurance, they do not consider disabling it a safety issue since the system is so unreliable, he even said it make sthe cars more expensive to insure because many damaged cars end up having to have the tyre pressure system repaired as well. This could partly explain why the Laguna (gp 7) is more xpensive to insur ethna my Discovery (gp 12)!

Currently in Ian_gary_price's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II Authentic 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome