Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I Hate Speed Cameras!!!!!

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 24th May 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Country roads and lanes, they are the biggest killer, but do you find speed cameras on these roads, nope not many.

I do a lot of driving on country roads in nottinghamshire & derbyshire & most of these roads will be national speed limit, you have tight hairpins, humpback bridges, blind bends with the big tree to stop you dead if you come adrift, 200-300ft drops to one side of the road, and I can't recall seeing many if any cameras on these roads, make a mistake on these type of roads and you have not got an armco barrier or a soft grass verge to help protect you, it's the old oak tree or the 300ft drop, and its legal to do 60 mph on these roads .
Now I know most people have the good sense to drive on these roads with care, but you always get the odd nutter in the scooby that thinks he is on the gumball rally & thinks 60mph is the target speed to reach & exceed.

So why are there so few speed cams or should I say safety cams on these roads, I guess cost of camera against the % of vehicle's using these roads = not much revenue.
Currently in polecat's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome