Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How do I reject my car??

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th April 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
How do I reject my car??

Bought my 2001 Laguna dCi Dynamique with 48000 miles at the beginning of Feb from an independant dealer. It came with a 3 month warranty. It has been back to him 3 times now: Engine Management light came on, he got the faults looked at ( EGR valve, Coolant Temp. Sensor, Turbo Boost Sensor and Airflow Meter Sensor) reset the ECU faults and said to come back if they came on again! There was a hesitation at around 3200rpm which he said "all Diesel Turbos do"! I know they don't, having had an ultra reliable Citroen ZX TurboD for 8 years!
The hesitation was "cured" by me giving it a good thrashing after reading that's what these need.
Then came the "clonking" from the rear and the "whining" from the front. Turned out to shot rear bushes and front bottom ball-joints. He replaced these as a "gesture of goodwill" as they are not covered by his warranty.
Some hesitation is back. This evening I took the cover off from the engine to have a look around and saw oil leaking from what I think is the EGR valve and from some rather robust looking hoses that go to the intercooler, I think.
I have now had enough of this car. What I want to know is this: Can I march into the dealer and tell him that I am rejecting the car or not? Do I have to put up with this car until it does chuck its guts and empty my wallet?
Please, if someone knows where I stand, I'd love to know.

5 Lastest Threads by reeseyboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How do I reject my car?? Cars & motoring barney 4 1111 6th April 2006 06:02 PM
Lag II child locks Cars & motoring nambleruk 7 1516 13th March 2006 07:50 PM
New boy! Welcome to RenaultForums 5 914 13th March 2006 04:30 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome