Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Are these cars parking illegally?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th May 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to tankface
Are these cars parking illegally?

Hey guys,

To get to where I park my car (private off-road parking) I have to make a right turn before tunring into a T-road. The turning before the turn for the T-Road can sometimes be precarious due to two certain vehicles of other residents - one being a large convertible, the other a Van. I have a feeling that the van is 100% illegally parked, but am not sure if where the car parks would come under the "do not park within 10m of a junction" rule.

Here's a crude drawing of how they park. The red is the car, the grey is the Van.

The van is bang opposite the junction, however the car parks opposite the corner which can still cause problems for turning right, and make it hell if they are both parked and a car is wanting to pull out. I've kerbed my passenger front alloy because of it as a learner, and nearly did it again tonight (ended up having to mount the kerb to turn)

So - are either of them illegally parked?
Currently in tankface's garage:
2006 Black Magic Seat Leon Sport TDI DSG
  5 Lastest Threads by tankface
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Seat Leon buying advice Other makes tankface 5 3401 13th June 2011 12:36 AM
Where do I stand with regards to Occupation? Insurance VelSatisfied 4 1842 13th June 2011 12:26 AM
Bouncy in second gear when cold? Engines tankface 2 1327 23rd August 2010 07:47 PM
Drink Driver Jokes & funny stuff Donald 4 1590 1st August 2010 09:31 PM
Friend's motorbike - Major engine problem Other makes tankface 11 5234 30th May 2010 05:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome