Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Aerial Connections*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th May 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Aerial Connections*Fixed*

Hi, first post.

My wife has a 52 plate Clio which is currently suffering bad radio reception. Reception is ok on some stations whilst car is stationary but detiorates once the car is moving. The aerial is the bee-sting type sited at the rear of the roof.

I have found that the aerial coax lead splits near the drivers side parcel shelf speaker. I have buzzed the connection from here back to the radio and all seems fine. From this split the cable goes up to the aerial. This does not appear to buzz out to the actual aerial although reception is definitely better with the aerial rather than without.

It looks as though I'm going to have to fit another aerial just to eliminate it. Do the wires detach from the aerial or are they hard wired into it?? - this determines whether I use a ring spanner or socket to remove the aerial.

A second wire also goes to the aerial into the wiring loom and disappears towards the nearside of the tailgate; does anyone know the purpose of this?

All answers or info gratefully received.
Thanks, Chandler
  5 Lastest Threads by chandler
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Aerial Connections*Fixed* Clio ottoman 4 4625 24th May 2008 06:56 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome