Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Alarm/Immobiliser

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Espace - Alarm/Immobiliser

I've got a friends Espace 1998 2.2 DT in my garage. I've replaced the head gasket (and belts and filters).

I cannot bleed the injectors. There is no fuel coming up to the injectors. I'm sure it's an immobiliser problem. I've been told on here that the red light on the roof console should be out. It will not go out.

The key has fairly new batteries and the led glows when it's pressed. But it does not open the doors (or lock them). If the brake pedal is pressed the light will go out but comes back on after about 30 seconds.

I've checked the fuses and all seems OK (trying to follow the handbook which says it's a 25 amp fuse.)

This is a French registered car in France and my French isn't that good to fully understand the manual. However the only page we can find with the alarm is about replacing a lost key.

So, my question is: How do I reset the alarm/immobiliser in order to bleed the injectors and get rid of this thing.

Or do I just set fire to it?
Currently in nverona's garage:
caterham 7
  5 Lastest Threads by nverona
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Espace - Alarm/Immobiliser Electronics nverona 17 6493 25th May 2008 01:58 PM
bleeding deisel engines (2.2 Espace) Engines nverona 5 2134 20th May 2008 11:20 AM
Now more confused over engine type Engines mr espace 1 946 24th April 2008 08:19 AM
What engine is this? Engines mr espace 9 1584 23rd April 2008 06:23 PM
Espace 1986 Ftype 2.2 dci cam belt timing Engines nverona 3 1508 22nd April 2008 09:00 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome