Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much to fill your car?

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by N7Qauto View Post
Yeah, there's an 80 litre tank in those.
80 in the 2 litre??? Crikey, I expected it to be something slightly smaller... Mine is 80 and mine is 2.5 (though you'll see in a thread-to-be I'm having doubts about that..)

It gives you the illusion of getting better fuel economy between your fillups.
It most certainly does. Once the cash is in the tank you kinda feel like the car is becoming economical - especially when you hit the computer reset and it starts calculating the estimated mileage remaining - the numbers keep going up and up..

I was near empty, the ever so helpful man (obc) had advised me in a rather stern voice, 'warning, fuel level low'.
obc? - whats then mean?

I'll get 525 (29.9 mpg) miles at most out of that fill, but its often closer to 440 as I'm not the lightest on the pedal and I can be in traffic.
Something wrong with your car then N7 mate. Mine is 2.5 with an 80 litre tank and I get 440 out of it aswell. If my engine is .5 litre bigger than yours and you're managing the same mileage as me on the same size fuel tank then you've got a problem I reckon. I ain't the lightest on the pedal either and I'm known to use sport mode quite frequently..
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome