Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much to fill your car?

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 26th May 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by delta1066 View Post

Something wrong with your car then N7 mate. Mine is 2.5 with an 80 litre tank and I get 440 out of it aswell. If my engine is .5 litre bigger than yours and you're managing the same mileage as me on the same size fuel tank then you've got a problem I reckon. I ain't the lightest on the pedal either and I'm known to use sport mode quite frequently..
I don't think so. There are far too many variables in fuel economy to whittle down the apparent difference in our MPGs to the size of engine.

According to Parkers, there's little between the two in MPG.

2mpg is the given figure and over 80litres, or 17.6 gallons, you are looking at 35.2 miles as the approximate amount that my car should achieve over yours to a tank. Like I said, I can hit 525.

In summary, nothing wrong with the economy I'm getting.

I use sport mode, too; like the two boy racers I overtook found out as they were rigidly sticking under the speed limit on a good national road and I was getting annoyed. A couple of seconds later they were a spec in my rear view.
Currently in N7Qauto's garage:
Safrane, 2.0i Auto, 2000, RXEX, VF1B54L
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome