Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #879 of (permalink) Old 26th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by brigatti View Post
Hi Vass20,

Yep I noticed this response to yesterday....

It's the classic situation of people without a clear understanding of all of the comments / facts / statements - falling for the Renault / VOSA spin.

It is clear that these are the motorists that Renault / VOSA have won over with their media statements - if only they knew the truth behind the statements (i.e. they were all assumption-based and create false accusations).

Still, like you and the majority on this forum, we all know technically, operationally and accurately, there is a design and safety issue - and Renault simply want the issue to disappear without creating a bad impression on their "brand"....hmmm....not sure how they think they can achieve this personally!
It sounds like an inside job to me especially as the author says he/she owns a Clio. Who in his right mind (running the highlighted risks) would accept the Renault counter-claim without reading others' experiences first? But then again, we've had some on this thread as well although they quickly retreated when the truth started coming out.

It is incredible that out of the millions of Clios running globally there was only one (woman in S.A. that I've heard about) who was actually killed. Wasn't that mentioned on Watchdog? I think that's where I heard it. Considering that in UK alone more than 1500 reports were made to Watchdog, I think it is (incredible).

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome