Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - No eyes for towing

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 28th May 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Raystorm Send a message via Yahoo to Raystorm Send a message via Skype™ to Raystorm
Originally Posted by Phonebox View Post
unclemickey, I'm living in hope that once I've worked my way through all the common Lag 2 problems I'll have a good car to show for it- I think all cars have their common faults,certainly the Passat I had previously suffered from all the well-known faults with this model too. Some of the local taxi guys run dci lagunas and most of them would tell you that the car is mechanically reliable so long as you're aware of the foibles and use preventive maintenance to avoid a breakdown such as changing the oil every 6k, reconditioning the turbo every 80k etc. One guy has 265k on his and he swears the head has never been off it nor has a turbo ever blown. So if looked after they can give good service.
Thank you Phonebox, this is what I needed to hear, as I'm in moral dread of my turbo launching itself through the top of my bonnet at any time It's nice to know that they can be good cars!
Currently in Raystorm's garage:
2004 Landrover Discovery 2 Td5 Landmark - the Lag has gone to the father in law!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome