Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 8th April 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Pat K
ide man

I have established time and time again, with both petrol and diesel engined cars I have owned over the years, that I get better fuel economy from non supermarket fuel. I am not sure what makes the difference, it must be any additives.
I had a 1.6 1993 Mondeo a few years ago, if I filled to the brim on supermarket fuel I would achieve around 300-350 miles to as near to empty as I dared. If i filled with non supermarket fuel I would get 400-450 miles. I checked this many times, especially when people questioned when I told them, so I know this to be accurate. My 1.9dci Laguna without doubt goes further on non supermarket fuel.

ps All milk does not come from cows!!
I'll add my 2p...

I usually put supermarket petrol in my car (Sainsburys). I've not noticed the slightest difference between their regular and premium fuels.

A month ago I filled up at a Total garage. I'm nearly running out of petrol on that tank and I've got about 2mpg more than supermarket fuel (33.8mpg for a regular city run that's pretty bad with traffic lights). I don't know if its cos the weather is a bit warmer or it's the fuel...
Currently in mitul1983's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.6 Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome