Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Battery rating for Grande 2.2 diesel

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2008
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Hello Nige, to be honest neither of those batteries sound correct mine is a 2.2dCi and ist got a Renault (correction not 120Ah but) 100Ah battery ... a monster when you look at it ...

In the past I've changed 2 Espace batteries and I've always gone for the battery that was recomended for the diesel automatic versions ... working on the principle that if its bigger heavier battery then it will give me a better chance in the winter with the cold starts etc ... I have used the Halfords Calcium battery in the past with no problems ... a bit more expensive than the normal ones but it has a 4 year no quibble warranty ... I've never had any issues.

Hope it helps ..

Ok, if your changing it yourself then dont forget to get the radio code before you start or use a "radio saver" and leave the sidelights on before you reconnect the battery ... saves spikes taking the ECU out ...

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Last edited by Truckbusuk; 31st May 2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: -up on the battery capacity
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome