Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replace Radio/cassette

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by excited View Post
Why do they have two adaptors

If it does have display then you require PC99-X12

If it does not then you require PC99-X01

dont understand that,

Have installed my new stuff. The connectivity is actually very straightforward; the problem comes with accommodating both the head unit's own loom (Sony, in my case) and the PC99-X12: there's a lot of wiring there, and it's difficult to get it out the way when sliding the head unit back. An additional problem is the Autoleads-supplied fascia panel: doesn't clip firmly into place, and seems to struggle with supporting the weight of the head unit. Will try reseating everything tomorrow.

Anyway... it's necessary to remove an ISO connector from behind the dash radio binnacle thing, and replace it with one from the PC99-X12. Despite this, there's NO display.

Can only assume that there's a PC99-X12 ('for models with remote display') and the PC99-X01 (no remote display) because the looms differ. The Autoleads documentation suppliedstates that the remote display doesn't work, but naturally one assumes from the product descriptions that it *will* work and the sales wording most stockists use does nothing to prevent such hopeful preconceptions.

To be honest I'd convinced myself that having the remote display was an unnecessary duplication, but actually I miss it. It's not an issue when using CD/USB, but if I'm toggling between radio stations via the stalk it would be nice to see what I'm listening to. It's not possible to (safely) check on the station on the head unit while moving.

The stalk controls function perfectly btw, although I guess this is dependent upon the head unit manufacturer.
Currently in mojolicious's garage:
2001 Ford Focus 1.9TD(d)i Estate in the incredibly luxurious 'LX' trim :)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome