Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hiya, just bought Mk1 Phase 2 - Not happy!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Hiya, just bought Mk1 Phase 2 - Not happy!!

Hi everyone.

After struggling with our old crock of a Rover TD we decided to buy a newer car to cut down on bills as we're not minted.

We bought a 03 reg Scenic 1.6 16v expression and it drives nicely and is very comfortable especially with the aircon and cd changer.

My daily commute is approx 45 miles and the average mpg is between 41 to 45 mpg, which is awesome for a petrol and matches/exceeds the Rover.

This is the wifes car but I'm using it until the wife has ran the Rovers MOT out.

Its on 59k and is 5 years old, we paid full retail price (had to get hime down to CAP price for the finance company) and the garage has stamped the book as serviced.

So I am staggered to find that I now have to pay 1000 I dont have to change a cambelt. I would expect a car bought at full retail serviced by the garage who sold it, should have changed the belt as it was due.

Where do I stand on this?

I was also disappointed to find a dent on the sill, not really visible from above. I cannot belive they dont know its there, but I see me not getting satisfaction there.

My wife seems to gets a moaning noise when she lifts the clutch hurridly. Is this most likely the clutch release bearing?

On occasion, when reversing with the steering and an agle, we get a grinding/shudder, but its very infrequent so its hard to recreate, but it still shouldnt do it.

When coming on or off of the throttle, the gear level moves quite noticeably in my hand.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.......

It IS a nice drive though.
Currently in chrali's garage:
2003 Scenic 1.6 16v Expression manual - Sold, Volvo 945 2.3LPT Celebration, 1.6 3DR Toyota Corolla
  5 Lastest Threads by chrali
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Which year 3.0DCI Espace to buy? Cars & motoring chrali 7 5197 9th April 2012 09:40 PM
Buy Grand Espace 3.5 Cars & motoring madnoel10 6 2229 23rd September 2011 09:35 PM
Largest tyre on std steel rims Wheels & tyres Lagdti 8 1754 19th November 2008 01:53 PM
2003 Scenic rust ? Bodywork VelSatisfied 4 2163 30th June 2008 05:12 PM
Parcel shelf Interiors 1 1284 30th June 2008 05:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome