Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Anyone know

Thread: Anyone know
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10th April 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
It is an intresting issue,

The site its self it legal as it only offers links and has no control over the data.
The next bit is where it gets intresting, under UK law it is illegal to make works available to others but not to download works.
So if using bittorrent it is illegal as unfortunatly you are uploading as well as downloading (so you are making it available to others).
If you found the info of kazaa and only downloaded it techincaly it is not illegal. As long as you do not allow any one to download it off you.

The music industry are the ones who are taking action at the moment and they are going after people who upload 1000s of songs.
Downloading one manual is safe enough there are ways to help protect yourelf such as hide I.p and peer gaurdian 2 (hot 100% safe but why go after the difficult ones to find if there are millions with no protection).

This is comes from my legal background and research but it remains untested in the UK courts, saying that the music industry had said themselves they are not intrested in downloaders as its legal so the chance of the law being tested is remote.

Just my angle on it
Currently in sleepdeprived's garage:
megane 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome