Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - where is the airbag ecu

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 5th June 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Ah-ha. Now we get the picture. The restraint activator is usually around the central console area - either in fornt or behind the gear stick area - why not ask your mates at Renault - just to confirm.
If the insurers know the vehicle was damaged and repaired - they may look for evidence of such and if you sell the car on you are expected to declare such to the following buyer. Once the car has been entered in the insurer's database - they need some form of evidence before it can be removed. Again I'm sure the guys you know at Renault could advise. Have they produced any paper work for your repairs. All insurers now have access to this information.

As a matter of interest have you found a company that can reset the activation unit
I was just checking if any one knew where it was before I have to go and pester him again at work but in hindsite I think it probably will be best before I start dismantling the car!
I've found a few places that do it in Liverpool In Yorkshire

and apparantly Camco 88 in Wrrington can d it but I haven't checked with them yet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome