Join Date: Jul 2006
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
I can only speak with experience on Fords from around 1994 - 2003, but some are as follows;
- Ka - Central locking module, Throttle position sensor, overtightening of spark plugs, corrosion just behind side doors (near bottom).
- Fiesta - Water leaks into car, paint issues on rear spoiler, premature camshaft wear, noisy gearboxes, CTX autos, oil usage on zetecs.
- Escort - CTX auto.
- Focus - Rust on rear tailgate, misting of headlamps, rear wheel bearings.
- Puma - Oil usage, poor headlights.
- Probe - Immobiliser & distributor faults.
- Mondeo (series II) - Water ingress through rear lights, CV wear, heater blower resistor, autobox issues, cat failure on V6's, handbrake issues, chrome alloys show signs of peeling.
- Mondeo (series III) - paint match issues, air con faults, handbrake failure.
- Cougar - heater blower resistor, tyres which are unique to the model (hard to find & limited choice).
- Galaxy - water ingress into ECU, air con failure, auto issues (mean car has to go to VW specialists for repair/reprogramming), interior trim can get shabby.
- Explorer - carpet mats can interfere with pedals, firestone tyre issue, cam chain failure, remote locking cannot be used near supermarkets/mobile phone masts.
- Scorpio - Rust through rear arches, cam chain failure, cat failure, autobox failure.
Just a few horrors.
P.S. if a car ever caught fire, we had to refer to it as a 'thermal event', a bit of an understatement if you ask me.
This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater